photo p1_zpsc8a7232f.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p2_zpse73671a0.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p3_zps456abd62.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p5_zps95486d0f.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p4_zps481d5f13.png

Tuesday, September 29, 2009

I guess he really is growing up.

For the last 6 years I have had no peace in the bathroom. It seemed as if a radar went off as soon as I entered the bathroom causing one or both of the kids to barge in.

But I think things are about to change.

Over the last couple of weeks, if Peter opened the door on me while I was using the toilet he would quickly close it. And it's been a while since he's come into the bathroom when I've been in the shower.

But I didn't think anything of it until Sunday morning. I was stepping out of the shower when I realized I left my robe hanging on it's hook in the closet. I was heading to the closet to retrieve it when I could hear Dan say from Peter's room, "Go show Mommy what you have on and see if it's o.k. for church."

Peter charged into the bedroom at exactly the moment I was scurrying (completely in the buff) towards the closet.

When he saw me a look of wide-eyed panic crossed his face and he shrieked "Aughhhhhhh! Ewwwwwww! I see your hair! I see your hair!" and ran from the room covering his eyes.

It's taken over 6 years, but perhaps I can finally have a little peace and quiet in the bathroom.

And I think Peter's eyes have finally stopped burning.

12 comments:

Colleen said...

Hahahahaha, poor kid! My boys do not seem to care yet - I wish they did :)

Corey~living and loving said...

tee hee......"I see your hair!" lol that just made my day. thanks for the smiles.

Gretchen said...

There are some things in life you can never un-see.

I hope your son is able to get over such a life-changing event as seeing his mom in the buff! LOL

He & Me + 3 said...

Oh girl you are too funny. His poor eyes. LOL That is hysterical. Peace in the bathroom. I wish.

Denise said...

You are soooooooo funny, lol

Mari said...

Too funny! I loved this one.

RR Mama said...

Can your son train mine? I still don't get any peace when I go into the bathroom, and mine are 9 and 4!

Grandma T said...

This is so-o-o-o-o-o funny!! Thanks for the laugh!

Aimee said...

Hey, at least you've been shredding, mama!

I'm surprised my kids haven't gone completely blind from barging in on all THIS! ;)

Andrea said...

So peace comes eventually? Hooray for that news! Something to look forward to!

Andrea said...

i absolutely LOVE IT!!!! this literally made me LOL!!! i've been working on Tanner and Alex with knocking if the bathroom door is shut..so far they've been pretty good with it.

Jaina said...

Haha, that's too funny. Now if Sarah can just follow suit?