photo p1_zpsc8a7232f.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p2_zpse73671a0.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p3_zps456abd62.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p5_zps95486d0f.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p4_zps481d5f13.png

Monday, November 13, 2023

Twenty-One Is...

Happy 21st birthday to Peter.  I can't believe how quickly we've gotten here and yet...here we are.  

I was thankful to have both Peter and Sarah home this weekend so we were able to properly celebrate him even though Dan is out of the country.  Dan will be home Friday and he's flying through Raleigh so they will meet for dinner and a beer to celebrate this milestone!

When the kids were little I always did a birthday post for them but stopped when they hit 18.  Being 21 feels like it deserves a special post to so here we go.

21 is...

Kind
Reserved
Intelligent
Witty
Laid-back
Lazy if it's something he doesn't want to do but will go all in 100% if it's something he's interested in
Tenderhearted
Easily angered if he feels like he or a friend has been wronged 
A mama's boy (but in a positive way - like that boy really loves his mama. Lucky me!)
A sports fanatic (especially football, baseball, basketball, and hockey)
Sentimental
Animal lover (it's unfortunate that he has allergies) 
Handsome
 
21 loves to...

Hang out with friends
Cheer on his favorite sports teams (NC State, Carolina Panthers, Boston Red Sox, Carolina Hurricanes)
Play his guitar
Play video games
Craft the perfect Spotify playlist(which thankfully now is full of classic rock instead of rap)
Play poker
Take long drives through the city and explore
Grill and cook 
Watch movies (He has quite the list on Letterboxd)
 
21 has my heart!
Happy Birthday, Peter 




 







 

8 comments:

Mari said...

Happy Birthday Peter! I've been here for a while, and I remember the little boy... Now he's a good looking man!

Gigi said...

Happy birthday to your boy (ok, fine...man - but you and I both know, he'll always be your boy)!

Billie Jo said...

Happy and Blessed birthday to your boy, my friend. He is handsome! And he will always be your boy. : )

Zing said...

I appreciate the passion and enthusiasm evident in your writing. Well done!

Ernie said...

This is a sweet tribute to Peter. That cake? The packages? Dreamy. How great that Dan can meet up with him on his way back into the counrty. Happy Birthday, Peter.

Colleen said...

OMG 21 already?!?! It goes so fast. I love that you said he's a mama's boy, in a good way. I can so relate :) Happy Birthday Peter!!

Busy Bee Suz said...

Awwww...he's grown up so fast and he looks like a MAN. Wait, he is a man! 😜😳
Happy birthday to your amazing son.

Madeline said...

Stop it. I cannot believe he's 21. I hope he had the best safe birthday!