photo p1_zpsc8a7232f.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p2_zpse73671a0.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p3_zps456abd62.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p5_zps95486d0f.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p4_zps481d5f13.png

Monday, August 14, 2023

We made it to the Ice Cream Cottage!

We got home from Cape Cod yesterday and before I do my full vacation post (not sure when I will get to do that because today is extremely busy and tomorrow I start my new job), I wanted to post this:




                         WE MADE IT TO THE ICE CREAM COTTAGE!!!!!

The Ice Cream Cottage is Colleen's ice cream dream. Colleen and I have been reading each other's blogs for years.  YEARS!  You can read all about Colleen's history with ice cream and her family's dream to open an ice cream shop in Fairhaven, MA starting here. It's a several part series and it's worth the read - I always love a good blog series but I love even more reading how God works things out and is involved in all the tiny details of our lives.
 
I knew I wanted to try to make it to the Ice Cream Cottage to possibly meet Colleen but definitely to support her new business.  I knew in order to make that happen the visit would need to occur as we were either coming on the Cape or going off the Cape as Fairhaven is about an hourish drive from West Yarmouth where we stay on the Cape. 
 
I knew that after two days in the car, a stop on the trip up was not going to happen  and I knew that it wouldn't work stopping on our way home at the end of vacation because it would be too early.  We were going off Cape two times during our trip this year - on Sunday to visit Cathy and Eric in Newport, RI and on Tuesday to go to Boston for a Red Sox game.  It had to be Sunday because we were going to be leaving very early for Boston to visit Dan's uncle and his brother's family and we wouldn't be home until very late after the game.  So, Sunday was our only chance.

And obviously as you can tell by the picture - we made it!  It was about 5:45 on Sunday evening after a lovely visit with Cathy and Eric and a great day in Newport, and Dan said, "We're coming up on the Fairhaven exit do you want to see your friend's ice cream shop?"

Well, of course! So we decided we would get ice cream for dinner.  We pulled up to the Cottage and there were a few people in line.  We waited our turn and JP took my order and I could see Andrew scooping ice cream in the back (along with a lot of other busy bees but those were the only two face I recognized). I asked JP if his mom was there and he said that she wasn't.  :(

We got our ice cream (and it was delicious - but I knew it would be!) and after we finished eating it and headed to the car, there were at least 20 people in line (at 6:00 pm on a Sunday) getting ice cream!  I think Colleen and family are going to be in business for a very long time!

I was so glad we were able to visit. Meeting Colleen would have been the cherry on top but maybe we can make it work another year. 

6 comments:

Mari said...

I'm glad you made it, but bummer she wasn't working! Bet that ice cream tasted good.
I hope your new job starts off well today!

Colleen said...

OK I will have to email you my phone number so you can text me next time! I am so so happy that you came and thank you for the support and love! It would have been so nice to meet you after all these blogging years of friendship :) Can't wait to hear about the rest of your trip and good luck on the new job!!

Madeline said...

Oh gosh. I love EVERYTHING about this. So glad you could do that to add to your trip.

Laura Pearl said...

This is wonderful! I’d love to visit the Cottage, too, someday. 😊

Laura M said...

So sweet that you made the effort to go!

Busy Bee Suz said...

I love this so much!!
It would have been SO perfect if Colleen had been there, but she was probably taking a nap. HA. KIDDING, that girl never stops!