photo p1_zpsc8a7232f.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p2_zpse73671a0.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p3_zps456abd62.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p5_zps95486d0f.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p4_zps481d5f13.png

Tuesday, April 28, 2020

Just over here trying hard not to bite off the heads of those I love the most.

Last Thursday I was in a bit of a funk.  Like everyone else, I AM OVER IT!

Friday I did manage to drop off a birthday present for Jennifer and that made my day (week! month! - okay at this point, probably my year!).  It was so nice just to chat with her for a little bit. I miss our lunches.  :(

Then Saturday I was back in my funk but on Sunday Jennifer dropped off a bouquet of flowers for me.  She had been to the farmer's market and picked up a bouquet for me and one for my mom. I lucked out in the best friend department! :)


On Monday morning,I went to the grocery store which always makes me feel a little more normal even though all the masks and sanitized carts and lack of toilet paper remind me that in fact, nope, still not normal. After lunch I went on a walk. 

On this walk I asked God to just let me know that everything was going to be all right. I have a tendency to worry about things far out in the future and things that are out of my control. And right now, EVERYTHING is out of my control.

At the end of my walk, I checked the mail and received a sweet note from one of my dear friends.  Tucked inside the note was a little card with Psalm 46:10: Be still and know that I am God.


All righty then.  I love it when God responds so quickly!

I'm still not in the greatest of moods but I am trying to remind myself that God is in control, that things will get back to normal soon enough, and I'm trying not to worry about next fall and winter and this whole thing happening again.  Just trying to take it one day at a time.

And I am also trying not to beat myself up for the fact that even though I am walking 3 miles a day 4 or 5 times a week, I CONTINUE TO GAIN WEIGHT.

Sadly, I fear this might not be too far from the truth for me but laughter is the best medicine, right?

I hope you guys are all fairing better than I am!  Hang in there!

3 comments:

Gigi said...

I think we all are having those days every once in a while because we can't see an end in sight yet. To be honest, I'm doing okay most of the time but I think that's because I'm here alone all day; the weekends are the hardest for me because that's when The Husband is home (with the tv blaring) all day. I can't even imagine being stuck in the house with The Husband AND children 24/7 with no end in sight! I especially feel for those with smaller children who are trying to work AND supervise their class work.

Madeline said...

I think once a day my kids start shriek crying because "it isn't fair that kids can't go shopping!" Or "I just want to go to school!" So, man, do I feel you. And it's not as though we are going out and having a party all the time these days. Once a week solo trips are all. So... I will happily join you in the "try not to bite the heads off my people camp."

Ernie said...

Sorry about your funk- definitely a sign of the times. Some days are just tough I think. I heard yesterday that there might be a meat shortage soon and that has me concerned. I'm glad God reached out to you so quickly. I do believe everything will be fine but waiting for that day is challenging. You definitely have some grrat friends.