photo p1_zpsc8a7232f.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p2_zpse73671a0.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p3_zps456abd62.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p5_zps95486d0f.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p4_zps481d5f13.png

Tuesday, October 1, 2019

OKI get away!

On Friday evening, Dan and I headed to middle-of-nowhere- North Carolina to watch the football game.  As expected, the boys lost.  Although, they held the score to 0-0 the first quarter so I thought maybe we had a chance.  But no so luck.

We made it home at midnight.  And were up and out the door at 7:40 on the way to Oak Island!  We  picked up my mom and were checked in to our VRBO by 11:15.  We got unpacked and got the sheets on the beds (the worst part about not staying at a hotel, in my opinion) and then hit one of our favorite OKI lunch spots - The Oak Island Sub Shop!

It's been a long time since we had one of their Cubans and it did not disappoint!

Peter settled in for an afternoon of college football watching, my mom settled in on the front porch for this view:


And Dan, Sarah, and I hit the beach for a couple of hours:







The weather this whole weekend was perfect!!  It was HOT - my favorite!  But there was always a wonderful breeze off the ocean.  It honestly felt more like early August than the end of September and I was so happy!

After the beach we came in and got dressed for Mass.  After Mass we headed to Fishy Fishy for dinner and it was delicious!

Dinner's always better with a view!

On Sunday Peter, Dan, and I went to the beach while Sarah slept in.  That girl even skipped the delicious breakfast made by my mom in favor of sleeping late.




We headed in from the beach and went to lunch at the Southport Smokehouse.  We all got the brisket sandwich and they were so good. After lunch, Peter stayed in to watch the Panther's game and we hit the beach again.





We came in and relaxed a little before going out to dinner.


We went to Island Way for dinner and it was delicious.


Sunset dinner view.
On Monday morning we hit the beach again after another tasty breakfast cooked by my mom.






 We grabbed lunch at Bob's Dogs on the way off the island and then headed home.  It was such a great weekend.  We slept in, ate (a lot!), played in the water, laid on the beach, and just relaxed.  It was wonderful and we can't wait until next time!

4 comments:

Gigi said...

Looks like a great time was had by all! Beach trips are the absolute best!

Billie Jo said...

Beautiful Beach Trip, Beth!
The beach is so good for the soul, right?
And yes! Putting the sheets on the beds is the worst!!!

Michelle said...

Hooray for long weekends with great food! My favorite part of vaca is getting to eat out!:)

Busy Bee Suz said...

What a fun little get-away for you all. I love that your Mom joined you; I'm sure she loved it.
I've never gone somewhere where you had to put the sheets on....did you bring your own?