photo p1_zpsc8a7232f.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p2_zpse73671a0.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p3_zps456abd62.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p5_zps95486d0f.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p4_zps481d5f13.png

Wednesday, November 14, 2018

These are a few of my favorite things....

It's been a while since I shared any of my favorite things with you so I thought that's what we would do today.

1. This is my  favorite mascara:

It's L'Oreal's Volumnous Lash Paradise.  I've been using it for about 6 months now and have officially declared it my new favorite. Sarah tried to steal it from me (sneaky girl!) so I had to buy her a tube too.

2.  I've always just used cheap dish detergent.  Actually Aldi makes one that is marked anti-bacterial and is used as both a dish detergent and hand soap and I've used that forever.  But I was in Target the other day and noticed that they had their Mrs. Meyer's fall scents discounted so I picked up this Mum scented dish soap as well as the Mum scented hand soap:

This smells so good!  It's a nice floral scent but it isn't heavy and it isn't too flowery.  It just smells really good.  Dan commented on how nice it smells and so did my brother and Jennifer.  That's THREE people that commented on it so you know it must smell nice! (I just wish it wasn't a seasonal scent because I guess now I won't be able to get any more until next Fall.)

3.  I wanted to get a little vacuum to easily keep the dirt and cat hair off the hardwoods and found this little wonder:

It's a Bissell PowerEdge Stick and boy does this thing ever suck up the dirt.  It doesn't have a roller brush so it basically just suctions dirt off the floor.  It works perfectly and for $49 I'm thinking about getting one for the upstairs so I don't have to lug it up and down.  It's basically a high powered dust vac but it does exactly what I wanted it to do and I love it when the floors are clean! (The only issue I have with this is that the cord is a little short.)

4. I think I've mentioned this before but y'all we love it!

This seasoning blend is good on eggs, mixed in with tuna salad, sprinkled on top of avocado slices.  It's good on just about anything you want to sprinkle it on!

5.  I also love this one too:

This one is in a grinder and I love to put it on veggies while I'm sauteing them.  It really brings out the flavor in green beans, broccoli, and sugar snap peas. 

6.  And while we are talking about vegetables, I should mention these:



 











Dan and I are eating low carb but I still fix rice and mashed potatoes for the kids.  But I have really been craving rice and mashed potatoes.  So I've been making these for Dan and me.  Dan doesn't necessarily love them but he will eat a little of them.  I however think they are pretty good.  The key to the rice is to get the flavored varieties and then don't steam the rice SAUTE it in a pan with lots of olive oil and salt and pepper.  And make sure to add butter to the mashed cauliflower as well as salt and pepper and you can almost convince yourself that it's the real thing.  Almost.  Dan would probably not agree with that statement though.

7.  And these super cheap make-up wipes round out the list:

Sarah needed some make-up wipes to keep in her swim bag so she didn't look like a racoon during swim practice after school.  I was looking for a small pack of wipes and found this little pack of 30 wipes for only 96 cents at Walmart.  I told her they would probably be horrible but to give them a shot because all the other wipes were in huge packs or in a travel size pack of 10 for $2.00.  (Not paying that!)

She loves these things.  She has sensitive skin and said they get the make up off without burning her skin.  In fact, she asked me to start buying her these instead of the Neutrogena wipes we keep at home.  

And that's all of the things I'm loving right now.
 

5 comments:

Gigi said...

I do love that mascara!

Mari said...

I love seeing what other people love!
I use Mrs Meyer dish soap too and it's amazing. I've tried a few scents and they all make doing dishes nicer!
I think I need that little vacuum!

Madeline said...

I will have to try that mascara! Thanks for telling me your favorite things.

Michelle said...

I’m going to try those trader joe seasonings!

Busy Bee Suz said...

The seasonings look great; right up my alley! I love ALL things Mrs. Meyers; it's all I use at my sink. Did you smell the pumpkin flavor? It's awesome. Love the buy on the makeup wipes too-so smart.