photo p1_zpsc8a7232f.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p2_zpse73671a0.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p3_zps456abd62.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p5_zps95486d0f.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p4_zps481d5f13.png

Friday, October 26, 2018

Why didn't I read the instructions??

I survived the football game!  Luckily it wasn't windy and that makes all the difference in the world.

Our poor team lost by a very large margin.  It seems we either win by a large margin or lose by a large margin. 

Toward the end of the game, I got out one of my hand warmers.  I was shaking it to activate it and it wasn't warming up.  Then I read the instructions and realized it takes 15-30 minutes for them to warm up. So they were nice and toasty right as we were leaving the game. Now I know.

I accidentally purchased the 18 Hour warmers.  I saw the 18 and thought I was getting 18 in the package.  Y'all.  I'm normally not this dumb.  I would like to report however, that this morning when I pulled the hand warmer out of my purse, it was still nice and toasty!   

In other news, it seems that Peter's religion group will not be meeting today after all.  Apparently one of the kid's moms has to work and can't get him there.  Peter was totally okay with that as now he has the whole day to nothing but what he wants to do.  However, the kids have November 1st off for All Saint's Day and he will be spending that day off working with his group.  I asked why couldn't they just stay after school one day and do it there but several of the kids are still doing fall sports and have practices right after school so that won't work. 

Right now it's raining outside and it's cold.  So I'm enjoying another cup of coffee and the kids are still in bed.  I love it when it's raining and we don't have to go anywhere.  That doesn't mean that we won't go somewhere but I enjoy it when it's cozy inside and I don't have to go somewhere.

Sarah's Girl Scout group has planned a Bingo event at the church which hosts the troop.  The event is a fundraiser for breast cancer research.  The girls will be providing light snacks and prizes as well as running the Bingo games. The girls have planned the whole thing by themselves so hopefully it will go off without a hitch. They will be accepting donations. 

This Bingo event happens right after our family pictures on Sunday.  The forecast at the beginning of the week called for a rainy Sunday but now it looks like it will just be cloudy.  Fingers crossed these pictures will turn out nicely.  I think I have finally figured out what we are going to wear....


I do have a different scarf than the one in the picture.  The scarf I'm going to wear has  burnt orange in it.  The mustard just didn't look quite right.  And I'm too lazy to go photograph another picture so you'll just have to use your imagination.  Please note - that Sarah will not be going pants-less.  She will have on a denim skirt with that sweater.  Again - too lazy to dig it out of her drawer for the picture.

And that is really all I have to report today.  Stay warm and cozy my friends! 

2 comments:

Madeline said...

Glad you stayed warm!! Fridays are my favorite day of the week because M and I don't have to go anywhere until school pickup. (Which today is 2 hours early but still.) I think your picture outfits look nice.

Mari said...

Next time your hands can stay warm through the whole game!
I like your clothes choices.