photo p1_zpsc8a7232f.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p2_zpse73671a0.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p3_zps456abd62.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p5_zps95486d0f.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p4_zps481d5f13.png

Monday, April 9, 2018

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

That about sums up our weekend.  To say it was low-key would be an understatement.  I almost hesitated to even come here and write about it so boring it was.

But, here we are.

On Friday evening the boys got the yard work done because low and behold it was going to be rainy and cold here on Saturday.  Which meant on Saturday Dan needed a project.

The trim paint in our bathroom has been peeling for a while now.  I guess the ventilation in there isn't good even though we run the fan every time anyone showers.  So he scraped and taped and painted his way through Saturday. 

And at the end of the day we realized he used the wrong paint.  And it wasn't his fault.  It was my fault.  I won't go into the boring details of how I made that mistake but the result was the bathroom trim was too creamy looking as compared to the trim in the rest of the house.

So, my poor husband spent Sunday afternoon and into the evening repainting it.  And the color was much better but it still isn't quite right but it is good enough.   Learn from my mistakes people - take excellent notes on what type and color of paint you use when doing a project.  And/or don't let your husband throw away old paint cans without going through them and taking notes first.

While Dan was painting, I made a coconut cream pie for Sunday dessert which was delicious.  I did a bunch of laundry which was not delicious.  I helped Peter with a little Eagle Scout project work.  (His project was approved by the council, by the way!  And now the fun part of fundraising and then actually doing the work happens!) And I helped Sarah do some things in her room (that girl is always wanting to redecorate or rearrange her room which is kind of sad because her room is pretty small and there's not much that can be done.)

Sarah and I watched American Idol last night.  They did a great job of packing one hour worth of actual show into two hours.  Sarah kept saying, "Mom, are you bored?"

Um, a little bit.  Hopefully tonight's duet rounds will be a little more interesting.

And just like that it's Monday morning.  It's been a long two week break and now we just need to make it through two very busy months and it will be summer vacation!

This week is going to be busy. I've got lunch with a friend, coffee with my care group, Sarah has a doctor's appointment and a track meet, Peter has a track meet, the dishwasher part came early(!) and it is being repaired this week, some fresh mulch is being delivered, and I have my surgery this Friday.

I will be having the basil cell carcinoma removed from my nose and the lipoma removed from my back.  It's outpatient surgery but I will be under the whole time and I'm not really looking forward to that.  So prayers are appreciated!  

Have a great week!

And just because he's so cute (even though he is a menace), here's a picture of Wally asleep in Sarah's sheets. He managed to snuggle his way into them before I could get them into the washing machine so we let him nap there for a while because he is spoiled and we are suckers!


6 comments:

Madeline said...

I will definitely keep you in prayer this week and especially Friday! Yay for the dishwasher part coming in early!

Pam said...

My daughter is always wanting to shuffle things up in her room too. And there isn't a ton of room for that. We move things but inevitably move them back after a short time. But I'm the same with the living room so she comes by it naturally I guess. Prayers for a safe surgery and a speedy recovery! :)

Life of a Doctor's Wife said...

Sounds like such a nice restful weekend leading up to a hectic week! Thoughts and prayers for a quick efficient surgery.

Gigi said...

Sending prayers on the surgery! YAY for the dishwasher finally getting fixed!

Mari said...

Painting is not fun, and getting the right color isn't easy! Dan's a champ!
Praying for you on Friday!

Kelli said...

Prayers for you!
Love seeing pictures of your sweet kitty!