photo p1_zpsc8a7232f.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p2_zpse73671a0.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p3_zps456abd62.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p5_zps95486d0f.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p4_zps481d5f13.png

Friday, February 9, 2018

Heroine Chicken from No Crumbs Left

I mentioned the other day that I was trying a chicken recipe that was getting rave reviews.  I had to butterfly and marinate this  chicken and it had to sit in the fridge for 48 before I could cook it.  Last night was the night!

It was really, really good.  However, I followed her revised cooking instructions and my bird did not get nearly as brown as hers. Also, I think I need to purchase one of these to use for marinating the bird. She kept saying that the size of the container was very important.  Also, my bird was big.  Really big.  My mom said it looked like a small turkey.  Next time I will get a smaller chicken - because there will be a next time. 

Dan gave me multiple compliments on the chicken(which is very rare) and even Peter said it was really good and that I should make it again (which is also very rare) so I will definitely be making it again. 

Dan's mom used to roast a whole chicken a few times a month when he was growing up -  complete with stuffing in the bird - so I thought this one might make him happy.  And it did, although he mentioned the lack of stuffing.  So next time, there will be stuffing! He suggested putting the stuffing underneath the bird since it isn't left whole so I guess I'll give that a shot.

The recipe can be found here on No Crumbs Left.  Also, if you are on Instagram, you should follow her there as well because she cooks a lot of beautiful looking food every day in her InstaStories. You can find her @nocrumbsleft on Instagram.

Here is a pic of my chicken after it came out of the oven:


It's not quite as brown as I wanted it but it was getting late, the meat was at temp and we were ready to eat.  Next time I will work on getting the skin browner.

And this was the bird 48 hours before:

Does it not look like a small turkey in this pan?

Happy Weekend everyone!

2 comments:

Mari said...

Oh yum! I've never made a whole chicken, but this one looks really good!

Billie Jo said...

Beth,
You are amazing!
PSSST...I've never done a whole chicken!!!
Don't tell anyone!!!