photo p1_zpsc8a7232f.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p2_zpse73671a0.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p3_zps456abd62.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p5_zps95486d0f.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p4_zps481d5f13.png

Friday, September 8, 2017

3 Favorite Sheet Pan Dinners

Do you guys know what sheet pan dinners are?  You probably do, but in case you don't, let me enlighten you.

Sheet pan dinners are meals that are all cooked in the oven on the same pan!  Which means, minimal clean up, and usually for us, a lot of smiles during dinner because they are so yummy..

Here are three favorites:

First up is Sausage and Potatoes and Onions and Peppers!


Here is the original recipe I started with.from KeyIngredient.com  The first time I made it, I did not use the shredded cheese.  And we did not miss it at all! 

A few notes on this one because I've made it a lot:  Make sure you cut the sausage thick (not too thick - maybe about  1/4 of an inch or so).  You want to do this so the sausage doesn't burn while the potatoes are cooking.  I usually use a pack and a half of the the sausage because Dan is cutting carbs - which is why there are so few potatoes in this picture!)  I also added yellow and orange peppers because that what I had on had and they were a really nice addition to the onions!

Next up is Balsamic Chicken and Veggies:

The original recipe is found here  at Chelsea's Mess Apron.  I made this exactly as she states and it was really good.  Look at all those delicious roasted vegetables!

Next up is  Honey Dijon Chicken with Potatoes and Carrots. Even Dan (who while he appreciates the fact that I cook dinner every night is not usually quick with the compliments) said it was "really good". Y'all - that's high praise!


The original recipe can be found here on BuzzFeed. The recipe has you make your own honey mustard dressing to coat the chicken but if you were in a time crunch, obviously, you could use store bought.

I added broccoli to this one because I LOVE ROASTED broccoli.  And I also added onions to the potatoes because they add so much flavor.  I used fresh rosemary because we have a huge bush growing outside but please note - chop your fresh herbs finer than I chopped mine.  It was very rosemary forward but that still did not stop Dan from complimenting it.

NOTES:  
  •  I always use parchment paper on the pan. It really does make clean up easier and when you stir your veggies during cooking they NEVER stick.  It's worth it to pick up a roll if you don't have any.  
  • I have a very large pan - it's 15x21 and it holds everything. 
  • And I ALWAYS plop the entire pan on the table and place serving spoons around it.  No need for serving dishes!  Like I said - easy clean up!
If you guys have any good sheet pan recipes, do tell.  You can never have enough good recipes in your box!

6 comments:

Madeline said...

I am definitely going to make the honey mustard chicken this next week! The balsamic chicken one looks great too. Okay, who am I kidding, they all look awesome! Thanks for the recipes. :)

ctmorr4 said...

Yum -- thanks for the dinner ideas! I'm soooo tired of coming up with menus every.single.day and these look great!

Billie Jo said...

And this is why I love you!
Thank you!
Going to bookmark this...
And we plop the food down on the table too.
Have a great weekend!!!

Unknown said...



The hand of your Lord will make them useful

moms life
http://magazines-for-women-2020.blogspot.com/2017/08/i-adopted-strangers-baby-after-breast.html

Kelli said...

Oh these look good! I am going to add the honey Dijon chicken to our minis this week!

Mari said...

I love sheet pan dinners. Thanks for these recipes!