photo p1_zpsc8a7232f.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p2_zpse73671a0.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p3_zps456abd62.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p5_zps95486d0f.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p4_zps481d5f13.png

Monday, May 9, 2016

Hail Mary, full of grace...

I always try to get some pictures of me and the kids on the front porch on Mother's Day.  In early spring, the flowers on the porch are fresh and always look great.  In a few weeks, they won't look as lovely because I'll have forgotten to water them, or sometimes, I over water them.  My thumb is definitely not green.

But yesterday, as we were trying to take pictures, the sun was working against me.  Every picture I snapped had a few sun spots (large glowing orbs) right on Peter's face.  So we quickly took the pictures on the side of the porch to block the sun and in doing so, no pretty flowers.  Oh well...







 And then we took a few on my Mom's front porch after lunch:

 Check out Peter's mustache!  He refuses to shave it because he thinks it makes him look manly. 









Peter made me the sweetest card:


Peter loves languages so he wrong Mom for me in 13 different languages.  So sweet!

And Sarah took to Pinterest and made the cutest little 52 Reasons Why I Love You!

On each card she had written a different reason that she loves me.  But y'all, my favorite and the least accurate:

I remind her of Mary!!?? 

Oh, sweet Sarah, if only I could be more like Mary. 

Perhaps I will make that my mission in motherhood - be more like Mary - full of grace, loving, kind, trusting, faithful, generous, always willing to say yes to whatever the Lord asks of me.

I better start praying right now!

5 comments:

Mari said...

Awww! I love all the photos. Cards made by your kids are just the best. (I got one from Alaina too!) You may not see the resemblance between you and Mary but Sarah sees something and that's high praise. Glad you had a nice mothers day.

Billie Jo said...

Beautiful!
All of it!
And I'll try myself to be more like Mary!

Laura Pearl said...

I love that. Best Mother's Day tribute ever! (My 28-year-old wrote something similar to me. And I can assure you, I am much less like Her than you are, Beth!!)

Kelli said...

I love your gift from Sarah. I might use that idea.:) I loved seeing all your Mother's Day pictures.

Madeline said...

I have no idea how I missed this post, but I am just seeing it now two weeks late with tears in my eyes at how sweet your kids are.