How about some Quick Takes? Seven to be exact!
1. So here's a random cleaning tip I discovered on Pinterest. Do you ever get hard water stains on your toilet where the water drips down and leaves ugly brown marks? Well, I don't. I guess we don't have hard water but I'll tell you what I did notice in the kids bathroom a couple of months ago. It was a urine colored stain about the size of a quarter in the toilet bowl.
I typically go into the kid's bathroom one a week (or sometimes less) to check out the state of the bathroom, remove trash, wipe down the counters, etc. When I noticed this stain, I grabbed an old magic eraser and got to scrubbing. I do love me some Magic Erasers. But low and behold the stain did not budge. I got out bleach and mutiple cleaners and nothing worked. I tried on many occassions to remove this stain and had eventually resigned myself to having it there forever or at least until we replaced the toilet bowl which was not at the top of my priority list.
And then I stumbled on a cleaning tip on Pinterest for an easy trick to remove hard water stains in toilet bowls. It was simple - a pumice stone! So I dug out my pumice stone (one I typically use for scrubbing my heals right before sandal season) and I scrubbed on that toilet bowl stain for less than a minute and it was gone! Just like that! Your welcome. (And don't worry - this will now become my toilet pumice. I'll get a new one for my heels.)
2. I just had the following conversation with my almost 13 year old this morning: "Mom, what's the weather like today? I need to know whether to wear long sleeved pants or short sleeved pants."
Y'all! I can not tell you how many times over the years I have told him that sleeves are on shirts and shirts only! Pants do NOT have sleeves!
3. And speaking of my 13-year-old he was reading something on my phone in the car on the way home from school when I received a text. He read it to me and I told him to reply with a Thanks!
"T-h-x?" he questioned.
"No," I replied. "Put thanks with an exclamation point."
"Mom it's silly to type out the whole word. Why don't you abbreviate everything when you are texting. It's so much easier than typing everything out."
"Because I'm not a teen slacker is why."
I just can't bring myself to text in abbreviations. I guess I'm just old but I'm okay with that!
4. My poor husband has just been in the grumpiest mood all week. He's had customers in town since Monday morning and he hasn't been getting home until 9:30 or after each night. It was 10:30 when he got home on Wednesday night and then this morning, he left at 6:00 because the meetings were going to start early to make sure they finished up in time before everyone heads back. And he's had to wear suits and ties every day so that has made him even grumpier! We are both very ready for the weekend.
5. Random shot of my cat sticking his tongue out at me:
6. We get to see the Patriots play on TV this weekend! They had a bye last week and the two games before that weren't televised locally. :( Go Pats!
7. And Kelly, our fabulous Quick Takes hostess with the mostess is giving away prizes in October. For a chance to win just link up your Quick Takes. And there's a bonus entry if you answer her bonus question. This week's question is "How many 7 Quick Takes have you posted." I just counted all the ones that I had labeled (there's always a chance I forgot to put a label on one) and I counted 51! I would have thought there were more than that.
Have a great weekend everyone!