photo p1_zpsc8a7232f.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p2_zpse73671a0.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p3_zps456abd62.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p5_zps95486d0f.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p4_zps481d5f13.png

Monday, August 4, 2014

We did all the things!

Did I really go out of town and leave you with a post about a tomato sandwich on a hamburger bun and a collage of my disappearing sandwich?

I guess I did!

And now, ten days later, I guess it's time to remedy that and give you what you've all been waiting for.....

vacation photos!

Wait?  You all weren't waiting for that?  Well, sorry, but that's all I've got for you today.

We did a lot on our annual trip to Cape Cod.  In fact, we did all the things!

We went to the Maritime Museum and on our way saw a train bridge being lowered and watched a train cross...
 And while we were at the museum we saw the Charles W. Morgan whaling ship.
And tried to avoid full body photos!  
 And we biked to the beach...
 And played in the water....






 And then we hopped a ferry in Hyannis and...
 sailed to Nantucket...



 And spent the day and then sailed home...

And we went to a Red Sox game...
(pretend my eyes are totally open please)



a
And we went to the Barnstable County Fair...

where Dan an Peter rode the higher faster rides....

 and Sarah and I stuck to the slower rides....this is our view from the ferris wheel...
 And the kids even got a camel ride...

And we ate a lot of really good ice cream.  (Massachusetts, Cape Cod in particulary, has a wealth of really, really good local home made ice cream shops.)

And in our normal Cotell style, we even toured an old grave yard.  Peter was excited to find a tombstone that dated to1698.  That's pretty old, y'all!



And we even managed to swing by the Captain Bangs Hallett House for our annual picture under the 200 year old weeping beech tree...

 And that pretty much sums up our vacation.

I was very thankful that Dan's work schedule changed so that we were able to go on our vacation after all.  He's back at work and he's in meetings all week.  But the meetings are here in North Carolina and NOT in the United Arab Emirates and for that, I am also very thankful.

And I'm not even going to show you a picture of the tomato sandwich I was eating while I typed up this post!

9 comments:

jennwa said...

Great pictures !!! Looks like you had a great time !! We are glad you are home !!

Lucky as Sunshine said...

You're making me miss the Cape. Looks like you guys had an awesome time. Did you go to he Whaling museum on Nantucket?

Billie Jo said...

So glad you all had an amazing time, Beth...
I have never been, but have always wanted to!
Welcome home! : )

Mari said...

It looks like you had a fabulous time! I love the old tombstone.
PS - you look great!

Micaela Darr said...

I love tomato sandwiches! I guess I'll have to click back and check out your collage, because it sounds delicious to me!

Also, great photos and a super vacation. I'm always a tad jealous when people talk about their Cape Cod vacations. It sounds so fancy to us west coasters!

Kim said...

What a beautiful part of the country, I enjoyed the pictures. Glad you had a great family vacation.

Joy said...

Great pictures!
So glad you had a good week.

Busy Bee Suz said...

Wow; you really did do everything! Looks like a great time for your family and YOU look fabulous/happy.
This is an area I want to visit one day.

Laura Pearl said...

You were in our neck of the woods (almost). Looks like a wonderful vacation for a deserving family. :)