photo p1_zpsc8a7232f.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p2_zpse73671a0.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p3_zps456abd62.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p5_zps95486d0f.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p4_zps481d5f13.png

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Daily Bread

I've never been one of those moms who looks forward to summer vacation.  In fact, I'm just the opposite.  I always look forward to the beginning of school.  I know that probably makes me a horrible mother but that's just the way it is.  The kids seem to operate better with a firm schedule and I seem to operate better with calm and order. And with summer there is usually no firm schedule and never any calm and order.

But for some reason this summer was a little different.  I was ready for the school year to be over.  Sometimes the kids  need a new environment and a new routine.  And I had already told myself that I was not going to be unnerved by a dirty house.

My only problem was that my best friend was going to be working full time!  Egads!  How, I wondered was I going to manage?

Well, I'll tell you how I managed -   I prayed.  It wasn't a big fancy prayer that I prayed to get me through a long, hot summer.  No.  It was a very simple one. 

Give me this day my daily bread.  

Every day, I prayed the way God instructs us in the Bible.  I asked him to get me through the day.  This one day.  Not the whole summer, just today. 

And do you know what? 

He was faithful.  He answered my daily prayer daily! (He's good like that!)


We kept busy with swim practice and music lessons.  We played with Jennifer's kids.  We worked on summer homework.  (I needed a whole set of extra prayers for this one.)  And we played with Jennifer's kids a lot more. We went on vacation. We ran errands.  We played on the computer.  We watched TV.  We went to the pool. We read books.  We played Legos.  We played Sing-It.  And we played with Jennifer's kids.

Did I mention that we played with Jennifer's kids?  

We have had a very nice summer and I've gotten used to having a house full of kids.  It's going to be quiet around here tomorrow when my kids are back at school.  And dare I say it?  Lonely.

But don't worry.  I will continue to ask God for my daily bread.  And he will continue to provide.

Hopefully tomorrow's provision will come in the form of a pedicure!

No comments: