photo p1_zpsc8a7232f.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p2_zpse73671a0.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p3_zps456abd62.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p5_zps95486d0f.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p4_zps481d5f13.png

Tuesday, June 12, 2007

The best laid plans....

This morning did not start out quite as I had planned. Dan was having lunch with customers so I didn’t have to make his lunch this morning. I also didn’t have to turn on the sprinklers this morning since it rained last night. I was excited about having a little extra time this morning to read some mommy blogs and drink my coffee in peace before Dan left for work and the kids got up demanding to be fed and asking that simple question that makes a cold sweat run down my neck in the summer, “What are we doing today?”

My coffee pot was set to start brewing at 6:10am so that when I got dressed and came downstairs it would be waiting for me. As I was coming down the stairs, I noticed a big chip out of the nail polish on my big toe. No problem, I thought. I’ll just touch it up. Unfortunately, the nail polish bottle slipped out of my hands and L’Oreal’s Rajin' Cajun was everywhere! “Oh, no!” I softly screamed not wanting to wake up the masses. I was down on my hands and knees instantly surveying the mess. I started with the paper towels and then realized that I was going to have to call in the big guns. I grabbed the Magic Eraser that I keep in the shower and started scrubbing. The polish came off the ceramic tiles with no problem but I wasn’t so lucky with the grout. I scrubbed and scrubbed and then decided to take a break. The coffee and the mommy blogs were calling my name. I headed downstairs and poured myself a cup of coffee. I guess somewhere in between my setting up the coffee maker and it actually making the coffee the filter folded down on itself. There were more grounds in my coffee pot than in the filter. Gross! There is nothing worse than getting a mouth full of grounds when you think you are going to get a nice warm sip of coffee!

I got over that little fiasco, got Dan off to work, got Peter started on his breakfast, made three lunches to take to the park, then headed upstairs to scrub the grout some more. At this point, Sarah started screaming and crying. I ran into her room and saw that her face was covered in blood! Another nosebleed! Even though they are painless they really freak her out. It took 10 minutes to get her calmed down and the nosebleed stopped. It was somewhere between applying pressure with a warm cloth and trying to grab baby elephant and little blankie that I realized that I was going to have to wash the sheets again. She had a nosebleed the night before and I had to wash her sheets and take her comforter to the cleaners. If anyone knows me well they know I hate, hate, hate to wash sheets. The length of time I go between washing sheets is a dirty little secret I will take to my grave! Anyway, I got the sheets in the laundry, scrubbed a blood stain out of her mattress, removed dried nail polish from my feet and hands and removed my toe nail polish. It was time to meet my friends and the playground and I didn’t want to be late. No, my day didn’t start as planned but I survived!

1 comment:

Pam said...

Hey Beth! I'm loving your blog! You are a great writer! I hate to wash sheets too, and with little ones it seems like a constant necessity! I have a vinyl mattress cover on Phoebe's bed. I put it on there when she was potty training so that those little accidents wouldn't do so much damage to the mattress. $5 at Walmart has saved me on a number of occasions!